*Stayed Tuned for the Oscar Nominated Live-Action Shorts collection being announced on January 23!
165 live action shorts were submitted for Oscar consideration; five nominees will be chosen. Members of the short films and feature animation branch will select five nominees from the shortlist below during brand screenings held in Los Angeles, London, New York, and San Francisco later this month. Nominees will be announced alongside all other Oscar nominations on Jan. 23.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has narrowed this year’s live-action short film race to 10 contenders. Those advancing are:
- “DeKalb Elementary,” Reed Van Dyk, director (UCLA)
- “The Eleven O’Clock,” Derin Seale, director (FINCH)
- “Facing Mecca,” Jan-Eric Mack, director, and Joël Jent, producer (Dschoint Ventschr Filmproduktion)
- “Icebox,” Daniel Sawka, director, and Camille Cornuel, producer (Iceboxthefilmco)
- “Lost Face,” Sean Meehan, director, and Sam McGarry, producer (Soma Films)
- “My Nephew Emmett,” Kevin Wilson, Jr., director (New York University)
- “Rise of a Star,” James Bort, director, and Boris Mendza, producer (Fulldawa Films)
- “The Silent Child,” Chris Overton, director, and Rachel Shenton, writer (Slick Films)
- “Watu Wote/All of Us,” Katja Benrath, director (Hamburg Media School)
- “Witnesses,” David Koch, director (Lux for Film, Diez Films and Paradoxal)
Screen the Oscar Nominated shorts in preparation for the Breck Film Fest’s Annual fundraiser, Hollywood & Wine: A Night on the Red Carpet, during the Oscars on Sunday, March 4, 2018 in order to win prizes for those who best guess the Academy Award Winners! For more information please visit breckfilmfest.org
Tickets are $12: http://bit.ly/SFSFeb13
*You may also call the Breck Create Ticket Office at 970-547-3100 to buy tickets. Advance seat reservation is highly recommended as space is limited!