* The Academy had announced the top 5 Oscar Nominated Live-Action Shorts collection advancing for final nominations on March 4!
165 live action shorts were submitted for Oscar consideration; five nominees were chosen. Members of the short films and feature animation branch will select five nominees from the shortlist below during brand screenings held in Los Angeles, London, New York, and San Francisco later this month Jan 23.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has narrowed this year’s live-action short film race to 5 contenders:
1. DeKalb Elementary, Reed Van Dyk, director (UCLA)
2. “The Eleven O’Clock,” Derin Seale, director (FINCH)
3. My Nephew Emmett, Kevin Wilson, Jr., director (New York University)
4. The Silent Child Film, Chris Overton, director, and Rachel Shenton, writer (Slick Films)
5. WATU WOTE – All of us, Katja Benrath, director (Hamburg Media School)
Screen the Oscar Nominated shorts in preparation for the Breck Film Fest’s Annual fundraiser, Hollywood & Wine: A Night on the Red Carpet, during the Oscars on Sunday, March 4, 2018 in order to win prizes for those who best guess the Academy Award Winners! For more information please visit breckfilmfest.org
Tickets are $12: http://bit.ly/SFSFeb13
*You may also call the Breck Create Ticket Office at 970-547-3100 to buy tickets. Advance seat reservation is highly recommended as space is limited!