As the Special Programming Coordinator, you will be joining our team as we inspire, educate, and entertain our community by highlighting our filmmakers and industry insiders as they host special thematic presentations throughout the festival.
The Special Programming Coordinator thinks alongside festival leadership to dream and create programs that enhance the festival by bringing festival film programming to life.
- Be an integral part of the organizational team, communicating closely with the Executive Director and Executive Assistant to enhance the festival programming with creative, relevant panels, activities, discussions, music, art, etc.
- Implement your initiative and problem-solving skills through creative solutions to enhance programming, animate the event and coordinate speakers for things such as Film and Yoga, The Adventure Reel, Special Forums, etc.
- Collaborate with the attending filmmakers to engage them and communicate event details.
- Coordinate with the Signage Coordinator to ensure all relevant sponsor banners, logos and other signage are present at the event.
- Coordinate with the Technical Director to be sure all film trailers, sponsor slides, and necessary technical components are present and operating.
- Communicate details of special programming to PR Specialist to get attention to your good work!
Estimated time commitment:
- Approximately 5-10 hours/month in the months leading up to the festival (July, August, September) for in-person meetings, updates, organization and communication. Your full presence is necessary during the annual September festival.
- Suggested: Attendance at a few weekly operations meetings in July, August and September to gain working knowledge of festival operations.
Benefits of this volunteer role:
- Your personal Complimentary Peak 10 all-access pass.
- Complimentary Peak 9 all-films access pass for a guest with optional 7-party upgrade for $50.
The Breck Film Fest values the contributions of people like you! You are the growth partner we’re looking for! We can’t wait to meet you!